Friday, May 10, 2019

Day [(3 years) - (11 days)] Friday

Things are settling down a bit - Spouse seems to truly be back to baseline, I have all Spouse's appointments set up, I have my own labwork back and it's fine (so I'm cured, huzzah) and the kids are settled for the time being.  Now that the stress and adrenaline and excitement have started to fade I'm noticing that I'm tired. Fancy that!

Anyhow, I'm reading The Great Gatsby for book club and I don't think I'm gonna make it very far since book club is in fifteen minutes and I'm not even halfway done but I had to share this great line:

They moved with a fast crowd, all of them young and rich and wild, but she [Daisy] came out with an absolutely perfect reputation. Perhaps because she doesn't drink. It's a great advantage not to drink among hard drinking people. You can hold your tongue and, moreover, you can time any little irregularity of your own so that everybody else is so blind that they don't see or care. 

Brilliant, no?  And that was in 1922!

Happy Sober Friday, all! 

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Good look with the major skimming of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too be so smart at so young an age, if only...but it's never too late to learn!

    Glad things are settling down for you and everyone is well!

    ReplyDelete