Monday, August 19, 2019

1186 Days (3 years, 2 months 30 days)

Sorry I haven’t checked in - life happening awfully fast plus the dislocated dominant arm thing.

It goes well: he gets discharged today! Well, possibly tomorrow but definitely one or the other. Then it’s learning a whole new way of life but he GETS a new life which is really wonderful.

I wish I were less tired so I could feel more of the wonder.

I had my own ortho follow up last week. Was exceptionally cookbook: check in, get Xrays, get roomed, see NP. I have to still sleep in the sling till my follow up visit — which isn’t for -four-weeks- (and was scheduled here but can be transferred -home- now praise be!) but I can start “weaning” myself from the sling during the day whatever that means, exactly...mostly I’ve been sitting quietly with it off a couple times a day.  I have PT exercises to do theoretically twice a day but in practice only once because they make me ache afterwards and then I’m not much good as a caregiver.

Oh and I can’t drive till my next visit which at first I thought was mostly for my protection because if you have an accident while in a sling the insurance company will likely try not to pay...but now after living with this injury for 17 days I realize I still have no business trying to drive no matter how strong I think I am.

This has all been a huge experience in so many ways. I’m so glad I had the foundation of long term sobriety before I started.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad hooray husband is improving! I sure hope you heal faster now!
    Just an amazing story, SamKD!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for kind words! It will probably seem amazing to me when I look back on it later...right now it just seems like what life is.

      Delete