Friday, September 13, 2019

Day 1211

The past three days I’ve walked up with my shoulder really sore...and now I know why. From the MRI report:

“The supraspinatus tendon is torn. This is a full-thickness complete
tear with tendon fragments approximately 8.5 mm avulsed from the foot

process on the greater tuberosity.”

Even I, who am out of direct patient care entirely, know that “full thickness complete tear” needs surgery. I’m trying really hard to get to “but this means you -won’t- have a permanently messed up arm” but I’ve stalled out at rage and anger. Over the pain, over the hassle of having to schedule and do a surgery, over recovery time...

...and over the inherent unfairness of it all. Naive perhaps but still very real. 

On the other hand, the Universe cushioned me a little bit for the blow: yesterday out of the blue I got an Amazon package which turned out to be my friend from high school sending me the new Stephen King book I didn’t even know was out. Complete surprise and a delightful one. 




1 comment:

  1. After all you have been through, I understand the anger.
    I just bought the new Stephen King book, too!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete