Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Day 1412

Yes, Blogfriends I'm still here and still sober...but boy am I sick of 2020. Y'all are too, no doubt.

Anne Lamott often says "Grace bats last" and I sure hope she's right. Love is bigger than hate but chaos ultimately wins over order. In Time of Pandemic I have realized and keep realizing that people gonna people. BOY are people gonna people. It hasn't hit our area much yet - our first local positive case was on March 11 and we're still in the mid two-digit figures which means as of this writing nobody in my immediate circle -- family, friends, close co-workers -- has displayed symptoms of or tested positive for COVID19. I am, of course, grateful for this. Very.

However that doesn't knock a thing off the university. [family lexicon; source]

The whole rest of my life is full of stuff. Just full. It's been fucking hard as hell for a really long time and I'm really sick of it but there's nothing for it but to keep on living through it.  Which I am just so glad to be doing without having to think so much about booze the way I used to.

Oh which reminds me: "food and beverage" is the magic phrase keeping liquor stores open in my state. Convenience stores - where the nicotine products are sold - fall under "food" and often "gas" so they're okay too.  And praise be they are -- can you imagine the other way?!?  Oh. My. Not good.

But I am SOOOooooo grateful not to have to fuck around with any of that shit or especially its side effects. I'm sleeping poorly as-is; like I needed the three ayem dehydrated thing too?  This is better.

Stay strong...yes I'm telling myself as much as all you fine people.

4 comments:

  1. You are still the person I aspire to be. I really admire how you have handled your journey and your soul for sharing it all. It has meant something, a lot actually, to me. I just came back tonight to the blogs,saw your post and felt, well, just warm and nice if that makes any sense. Know that you are a positive influence, that your voice is being heard. That your life voyage is noted and taken to heart. I am not 100% sober but am so much closer than in years past thanks to you and others like Wendy, Lia,and Anne. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice thing to say!! I'm not gonna lie; it's been ROUGH lately but that's just life itself. The sober part is totally worth it and really does make things easier not harder.

      Delete
  2. Sam! Big hugs again from Minnesota. It’s just a mess, but we are ok.
    I’m sure your husband has to be extra careful?
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks and big hugs right back from Upstate NY. Hubby -does- have to be extra-careful but I don't worry about him as he's in the southern house with Eldest and SiL both of whom have gone virtual. Therefore they can -and do - maintain _excellent_ infection control practices.

      I find myself deeply down though...gonna post about it.

      Delete