Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Day 710

Another not-great day.

Too much work and too many administrative time sensitive things I had to do instead of work. This was after taking the car to the shop because the brakes were noisy - turns out it needs not just brakes but struts, front tires and an alignment. It’s old enough and has enough miles that this isn’t exactly surprising but it is sucking a lot to be down to one car.

Worst of all? Boy-beagle ran off. He has a Whistle tracker so we can see that he’s hanging out around a neighbor’s house (the one which has cats who tease our house; makes sense) but because it is night and he isn’t properly afraid of cars I’m worried sick and Youngest makes me seem positively cavalier. I’m sleeping on the couch so I can hear the ass-dog if/when he comes back. I’m sure he is having the time of his life though so I don’t really blame him just worry about him.  He’s been making a bigger and bigger game of “I’m going to slip out the front door” the longer Spouse and girl-beagle are up here plus it’s the first really warm day in a long long while.

I’m just so tired of Desling With Stuff.
But hey, didn’t drink so I still win.

Update: the dog came home at 2:30 am. Much relief.

2 comments:

  1. We had a beagle when I was really young and he ran away too!
    I hope tomorrow is better.
    xo
    wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The do like to roam. Thanks for the kind words - today -was- better!

      Hugs,
      S

      Delete