Sunday, May 13, 2018

Day 722

it was pretty decent as Sundays go.

Got up and did the grocery stuff first thing and ran into four different people from work. Didn’t even think about it till right this instant but I felt fine and dandy and smiled at all of them and that’s not something everyone - or me a few years ago - can say on a Sunday morning.

My kids all wished me a happy Mother’s Day and that was enough - too many other relatives have made such a Huge Freaking Deal out of “you better remember me on Mother’s Day” that I sort of eschew the entire holiday so as not to be part of -that-. Which is kind of annoying because of course low-key cool mom would like her low-key coolness acknowledged and played up but that’s not how it works. Not yet, anyhow. Maybe someday.

But I had a lovely afternoon listening to the second season of _One_Mississippi_ on Amazon Prime while I worked on my shawl so that was good. Plus I made a nice dinner.

And now for a surprisingly early bedtime - it just feels like the right thing to do.

Happy Mother’s Day to any and all who feel it might apply. Happy -Sober- Mother’s Day to any and all who feel that might apply too.

No comments:

Post a Comment