Monday, May 21, 2018

Day 730 Two Years


It was such a good day.  Better than most regular birthdays, although it didn't start out that way.

Woke up a half-hour early with a wicked sinus headache but fortunately it went away with vertical orientation, aspirin and a couple hours' time. It put a bit of a damper on my happiness but _two_ years feels like such an accomplishment that even being in pain couldn't drag me too far down.

Work was light for a change - got caught up finally!  Also I ordered the magic marker set I'd been eyeing.  Went to my Stupid Noon Meeting and it was good for two reasons: I got to see a recently returned co-worker I like and I got to observe the fact that our new boss is doing a good job of bossing. That was pretty much as good as such things get.

Walked back into my office after the meeting to a HUGE and entirely unexpected bouquet from Spouse with a "congratulations" helium balloon and a card reading "Sheer perfection!" I was floored. Just stunned -- but in a very good way. 

Because I got my work done I could leave early with a clear conscience -- that was nice.

Then it turned out that not only did my recliner chair come but also my kaftan for the cruise so I played dress-up and Middle assembled the chair and my marinated steak turned out great and then after I got Youngest from rehearsal...

...we had -really- good cake.  It was just such a great day.

Even two and a -half- years ago I wanted very much to be here but couldn't see it. Now I'm here. Eldest said it was spectacular and I said that if it was it was spectacular in the way beautiful cave formations are: formed a little at a time over a LONG span. It's not any one big thing it's just continuing to do the one little thing or in this case not do a thing. Which doesn't sound like a lot but it absolutely is - so much so that it's got to be THE focus for longer than you think.

And I want to thank all of you out there in the great big blogosphere - the one thing I did -different- this time was blog and that's made all the difference. You are all great.

Now to bed. I'm starting my THIRD sober year in the morning.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so gorgeous and so inspiring. I love what you said about the cave formations. I’m on day 146 today and this post makes me excited to keep going.
    Congratulations! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽŠ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and congratulations on what is now 147 days - that’s awesome. :-)
      Hugs,
      S

      Delete
  2. Two years!! Absolutely fantastic, am so so proud for you. Well done for writing every single day and I look forward to seeing what happens in year three. Well done, warm wishes and hugs for a very special day �� from Grace x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your very kind words. :-)
      Hugs,
      S

      Delete
  3. I am so happy for you!! I am so glad your family acknowledged your two years!!
    I am doing a big happy dance for you, SamKD!!!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you thank you - I’m dancing-happy about it too. :-)
      Hugs,
      S

      Delete
  4. Huge congratulations to you on a very successful 2 years. I am so happy for you and more so that your family made a big deal about it too, especially hubby who nailed it with flowers and balloons. You have done amazingly well and stuck to it 100% I am very proud of you for a job well done.
    Good luck for the next year ahead. You are a shining example of slow and steady wins the race. If you'll excuse me now, I have to go have a major pity party for myself helped along by the newly and aptly named glass of "insidious"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Insidious and I were a team for so long I know exactly how it is. For -years- there was just this idea, wrapped up in a box on a shelf shoved way into a dark corner...but boxes stay on shelves and are still there when one goes looking again.

      Delete