Thursday, February 7, 2019

Day 987

The biggest news today is that one of the parathyroid surgeons from the specialty center called me back and we agreed I do in fact need the surgery (duh) and I’ve set a date of Tuesday March 19.

Other than that the day pretty much sucked. LOTS of work and just as much tomorrow plus big family drama in the evening. I get so tired of that but we don’t get to choose how other people  behave. 

We do get to choose how we respond to it though and I’m no longer responding by drinking and re-learning how not to respond by overeating either. 

But oh today right after the parathyroid thing got set up and the stress changed to relief I wanted SO much to just curl up against another human and have a good cry. The feeling eventually passed as feelings eventually always do but it wrecked a good chunk of late morning while I worked on getting re-centered. 

On the other hand I trimmed the dog’s toenails all by myself tonight which was very impressive as he usually struggles and cries and generally makes a huge ass of himself and flings himself away from me. But I did it by putting him in the kitchen sink first and that was just “up” and “weird” enough that I got the job done before he caught on. So that was a win. 



No comments:

Post a Comment