Saturday, September 1, 2018

Day 832

A better day. Still some frustrating moments but not like yesterday. Also Middle arrived today to take Spouse, girlbeagle and puppybeagle back up to the other house for another extended visit which I think will help everyone’s stress level. The house down here just isn’t at -all- puppy friendly (tons of wall to wall carpeting for one thing) and Eldest is stressing out hugely over her L2 year even without the extra critter-induced chaos. Plus I think she and her father tend to amplify rather than reduce each other’s emotional tension. Knowing that’s happening while I’m away is heartening.

Speaking of away....it’s finally here. Tomorrow is the first day of my cruise. My suite mate called this afternoon but I still can’t believe it’s tomorrow and actually spent more than a passing moment with the sick irrational fear that somehow I had the date wrong. Dreams were all tense like that last night too. Im not gonna be able to unwind till I’m actually ON the ship I don’t think.

And speaking of on the ship...I have free WiFi thanks to early registration and I got a calling plan for my phone so I’ll be as connected to the internet as one can get on the high seas but I still may end up not blogging much if at all this coming week. Last time I pushed the envelope and stayed up way late every night socializing then crashed hard the minute my head hit the pillow - dunno if this will be similar but if so then there may be super-short or no entries. Don’t worry — I’ll be back.


No comments:

Post a Comment