Saturday, September 29, 2018

Day 859

Such a hard day. Regular readers will know the pressure has already been turned up high due to increased chaos management at both work and home. Well this morning started at 4:30 but I finally figured out it’s the damned deer setting off the boy beagles which sets off the girl beagle. I closed all the windows tight on that side of the house and fussed around the grounds so maybe that will help.

I did have two good things: a successful leftovers frittata and some really good work with polyclay first thing in the morning.

But oh the day went downhill. The dogs chewed up video game discs and I thought that would be the worst thing. Nope, the worst thing was having a terribly chaotic phone call with Eldest in which she sounded both in quality and content so -very- much like her grandmother that it set off -all- my Mother buttons. As in the ones installed by my own crazy now dead mother. And of course when I got off the phone with her after what seemed like a day and a half but was really somewhere around 30 minutes my first thought was “Ghawd I want a drink or six.”

No of course I didn’t. I went to bed in the middle of the afternoon fully clothed is what I did. I recovered sufficiently to run errands and while I was out she had the same chaotic conversation with her father which didn’t do him a bit of good either.

I broke the shopping into two parts and used this evening’s part to get sweets. Abstinence is easier than moderation which is part of why food is so hard: you can’t just stop eating. Well you could but it doesn’t go very well. I managed not to eat an entire -package- of anything which after the day I had on top of the week I had I count as a win. I also count the little nap I had before going shopping as a win.

Now finally in bed for the night. Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment