Saturday, January 6, 2018

Day 595


Even now at nearly 600 days there are still times I romance the drink. You know: contemplate how good it might be in that not really serious but not entirely random fantasy way.

But then I have occasion to interact with actual drunk people and it goes right away again. So that’s good.

Today was pajamas all day - eventually took a shower and went from on set of pajamas to a new one. I highly recommend it as a way to reinforce “taking the day -off- by golly.” Did the things I needed to do but not much more than that and everything was going fine...till it wasn’t. Got my dis good and gruntled around 8:45 and ended up just calling it a night soon thereafter. Reading in bed is a good choice as it’s warm, comforting and far away from the food.

Tomorrow is a whole new day.


3 comments:

  1. I too, sometimes have that romancing the drink thought. I think that is really normal. The good news is, I can let the thought go, or know it's just a thought and pay it no attention!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. The thought no longer sticks. While shopping today I realized it’s kind of the same thought I have about the bakery “log” cakes where it’s some kind of cake rolled up in a spiral with some kind of filling: red velvet, pumpkin spice, “Swiss” roll...they always look good to me but I got one once and thought it was nasty. Now “yeah, looks good but won’t -be- good” applies to them...and to booze. And frozen puff pastry dough, for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to learn this about food, too.
      It's just a thought. I don't have to act on it!
      xo

      Delete