Monday, January 22, 2018

Day 611

School delay this morning so I went back to sleep and had the craziest dreams. Still, actually taking the two hours along with my kid instead of sending her on the bus so I could dutifully get to work at the usual time is a big improvement in paying attention to -me- for a change. I had nothing mission-critical or time-sensitive so why not take the time I would have happily given a colleague?

I also rescheduled the site visits which would have completely ruined my Wednesday, too. I’m getting better all the time at making myself -as- important as anyone else. After a lifetime of putting myself last (and filling my bag of resentment full of pebbles to cash in for booze later) it took a long time for it to start becoming more automatic but it’s a healthier way to be, I think.

Otherwise it was prettty much just a day: no big ups or downs. Another corporate officer resigned from my workplace which is interesting but my day-to-day work life isn’t affected. I could be eating better and definitely could be walking more but given all the balls imalready juggling having Spouse and girl-beagle home on top of Solid Winter I’m cutting myself some slack. I very much -like- having them but good chaos is still added chaos.

And bedtime is still bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment