Saturday, January 27, 2018

Day 616

So glad for the weekend. Slept in about an hour which is enough to feel a bit indulgent but not enough to throw off a whole schedule then tried a new muffin recipe for breakfast. Had plenty of good Minecraft time too - I find that game surprisingly relaxing. I like virtual terraforming.

The day wasn’t all rainbows and unicorn farts though: midday and early afternoon there was some family drama. Enough that I started getting really irritable and walking that edge of irrational arguments for the sake of blowing off steam and/or tears of frustration...so I took a nice long shower. I needed to be Away. From. the family in a way which didn’t scream “I can’t stand being around y’all right now” and it worked out really well. I got over my irritable, the drama fizzled out and the remainder of the evening was agreeably calm.

Couple years back I would have broken the cycle of that kind of drama on a Saturday afternoon with a run to the liquor store for double sure. Would have rehashed all the drama too. Showering it away was a much better choice.

Not looking forward to the grocery shopping tomorrow but at least I figured out menus for the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment