Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Day 598

Better day.

Took myself to lunch as the reward for doing a site visit and was glad I did. Entire way -to- the site visit I felt so draggy I was planning to say fugeddaboudit and just drive straight back or possibly hit a drive thru because parking the car and walking into a restaurant and dealing with the whole order-served-eat-pay thing sounded fairly overwhelming...so back and forth I went, leaning towards not. But after the site visit I decided I should do it anyway even if it did seem like work and I ended up having a lovely shrimp salad which was both tasty and healthy.

Slightly more energy tonight...and my new bargain blanket came so it’s on the bed waiting for me. Plus just as I started a new book one that I had pre-ordered ages ago was finally released so now I have a known Good Thing (it’s the next in a series I like) waiting.

These are all just small things but they feel like -real- pleasures and indulgences as opposed to the false and hollow pleasure/indulgence of booze. The shrimp won’t make me wake up thirsty and headachey in the middle of the night, the blanket won’t trash my self-esteem and the book won’t make me wonder what exactly I said the night before.

2 comments:

  1. I love getting the next book in a series. Reading is one of my big pleasures that I had kind of given up on when drinking. I just couldn’t focus long enough! Or I’d forget what I read.
    Take care.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes reading is my entertainment of choice - always has been. I don’t have anything against TV or movies but have always gravitated to the printed word. And yeah I too gave up reading for pleasure as the drinking crept up. This is better. :)
      Hugs,
      S

      Delete