Thursday, January 18, 2018

Day 607

Bah. Every so often I have a day filled with “oh yeah...these are all the feelings I kept drinking to avoid feeling.” Heavy emphasis on sad and angry with a dash of resentful on the side. We all have our own particular life issues, some more fix-able than others and some not at all fixable. Today it was my turn to take that deck of cards out and play with it a while. Well, no...that makes it sound deliberate and it was much more like having the rubber band securing a a deck of cards in your pocket suddenly break and scatter the cards around.

Mediocre similes aside it was a sucky emotional day and I didn’t handle it particularly well. Ended up eating junk instead of real food for dinner and although there’s nothing inherently wrong with that it’s not really -satisfying- at all.

On the other hand I didn’t drink and didn’t want to drink either so that counts as a win. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment