Monday, April 9, 2018

Day 688

Another not-great day. Started with drama, errands in the middle and then minorlate-day drama. Sure doesn’t feel very vacation-y so far. But hey, I have that cruise in early September which -will- be a real vacation so that’s something.

I haven’t been tempted to drink but I’ve been eating too many sweets in a very emotional kind of way. Nothing huge and given the circumstances I’ve given myself permission to pretty much eat whatever whenever but it still feels kind of like a step backwards from where I had been a while ago.

Two of the nice things about sobriety: being able to hop into a car any time day or night to drive somewhere and not ever feeling ashamed of it. That lack of shame thing is huge.




2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you didn't have a good day yesterday. As for the sweets, I'm still stuck eating too many, too often, but as you know, better than drinking alcohol.

    And the shame thing is one of the BEST reasons for giving up the booze. Life is hard enough at times, no point in bring oneself's down with drinking too much.

    Hope today is better! xo, ll

    ReplyDelete