Friday, April 20, 2018

Day 699

Didn’t realize till right now that 23 months is also day 700. That’s cool.

Much of today was not cool at all. It started far too early, for one thing. After blogging I was all cozy in bed and sound asleep by 11:30 last night. A few minutes before midnight Eldest called with a health issue severe enough to do a better-safe-than-sorry ER visit. I, 300 miles away, did the text-text thing till I dozed off on couch around 2:30. She got Potential Bad Thing ruled out around 4 and was discharged around 6. There were many feelings all around

Got to work and discovered half again as much of it as usual. Then there was a new and different round of family drama.

Between family drama, work and weather I ate an entire extra breakfast in the wee small hours of the morning and bought a package of homemade oatmeal cookies at the farmers market instead of going for a walk today. It is one of those drag-self-through-invisible-mud kinda days. Annoying.

But I stayed sane and sober so I won.

2 comments:

  1. I hate days like that and they seem to happen on days I have a lot to do!
    Hugs!
    xo
    wendy

    ReplyDelete