Sunday, June 3, 2018

Day 743 (2 years, 1 week, 6 days)

I stayed in and got the things done I wanted to do but there was a background of family drama st the other house which cast a bit of shadow over the day.

Today’s biggest activity was the hard thing: plugged up holes in the basement drywall adjacent to the radiator and replaced cover/end caps. I -really- dreaded that but now it’s over. After fixing the outside holes where facing brick joined the wall last weekend.I only had the one snake on Monday (bringing the total to three) so I figured that after a whole week of no new visitors it was safe to conclude nothing was still lurking in the walls. I had been putting it off due to completely irrational and illogical - though no less real - fear that a snake would be just on the other side and slither out at me. But I sucked it up and did it.

Rewarded myself with the Memphis Junior League Onion Dip I made but I wasn’t all that terribly impressed with it. And I absolutely disliked the Irish Soda Bread I made from a mix for breakfast but they can’t all be winners, right?

Now I’m contemplating an early bedtime.

1 comment:

  1. Kudos for doing the house project even with a possible snake sighting!
    I've been treble about reading blogs lately, so just catching up on yours!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete