Sunday, June 10, 2018

Day 750

Accomplished day.

I waited around till 9 before starting the errands because I wanted to see if the hardware store could fix my broken pruning shears. The guy wasn’t there so I left them with a note — have no idea if that will work but I’m no worse off than I was before.

At the grocery I ran into MiL in the parking lot. We chatted about Youngest’s  performance in the school spring musical (stellar but we’re biased) and my loaner car (sucks but only she said so. Loudly.) Then when I got inside I saw two people from work I didn’t really care to see -and- The Woman Who Bags Other’s Groceries. Yes, you read that right. She’s my age plus or minus 5-7 Years, talker, pale-pale and has wavy natural blonde hair. Slightly hippie vibe. Shops every Sunday morning with reusable bags and her aged mother. If they get behind you in line she jumps ahead through empty lane and bags your groceries whether you want her to do so or not, apparently because she needs to make the process go as fast as possible. Does not respond to gentle redirect (“you don’t have to do that” “no, seriously you don’t have to do that.”) She is really good at bagging and as fast as good store help and the clerk just jokes “I told her she should apply for a job” so it is easier to let it happen than be That Person and have a fit and turn her all “just trying to help” hands-in-air defensive but it is weird and invasive and I always make sure to get in a different line.

That wasn’t great but it was eventually over. Then I...cleared stuff out of the garage into the rollaway container/dumpster. There’s more but it was a good start. Made red sauce and a new chicken recipe. Took four bags of clothing to a donation bin. Cleared a contractor garbage bag of stuff out of the long-neglected closet. Finished and blocked my shawl.

It was a very productive day but I’m achy now and already in bed. Tomorrow I have to stay really late for a meeting so I’m already planning to get the family McDonalds for dinner because it is easy. Tuesday I take ABL to the doctor and Wednesday I have to stay late again. So it goes.


2 comments:

  1. That was hilarious about the bagging woman, too funny! I can't imagine what I would do or say if someone behind me in line started doing that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s just the strangest thing. I mean she’s perfectly nice and all so I tried to let her be nice to me the one time it happened but it was also oddly invasive. I noticed uncomfortable body language and odd expression on the person for whom she did it a couple-few weeks ago so it’s not just me.

      Delete