Sunday, June 24, 2018

Day 764

Hard day. Didn’t think it would be but it was. Youngest graduating made me remember my own high school graduation and how weird it was and what a mess my birth family situation was. However in spite of my own strange emotional brew I made her a strawberry bagel to take with her to pre-graduation assembly partly because she was running late and partly to make a nice low key memory we could both keep. It was a happy coincidence I had purchased fresh strawberries during the morning shopping.

The event itself was hard because it is an outdoor venue but they have it rain or shine and it rained. Had to bring umbrella and chair and towel. And then Scylla and Charybdis, my in-laws, found me and were...well, themselves. Plus way tired from yesterday. Plus “in public.” Hard.

So I just went to bed. Not for the night as I have the lights on and door still open but just for some nice horizontal time. No energy for anything else.

I can hear Middle playing virtual reality video games with his buds online and I can hear Youngest online with her friends apparently just chatting. They are good kids. I should relax. It’s a whole new week tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Aww, hey there, an emotional day for sure. Thinking about you. I'm sure memories are flowing like crazy. Enjoy them, relish them, embrace them, and feel them. This is your time to do so. You can move forward on another day, and you Will! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the very kind words. I -did- do a lot of just feeling the feelings and it was okay!

      Delete
  2. I know it's an emotional time for parents, as I have seen with my friends. It's also rather crazy, with parties, and all.
    I hope your Monday goes fast!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete