Saturday, November 23, 2019

Day 1282

Sobriety just served as the bedrock on which I stood to have some difficult but important personal conversations. Trust me — I know I sound candy-assed or like I “bought into it” and it’s fine if I do. Right now I know for deep true fact that sober is definitely the way to be and is better in every way. I wish I’d learned this great thing earlier in life but hey, now is good too.

The one thing is....it takes a while. What seems like a BIG while in the early days: every bit of 2-3 -months- not weeks. Six months is rocky: I lost a really good quit - the one right before now - at just past the six month mark which is how I started this blog in the first place. But if you hang in there the world just quietly opens up for you. The path, even when rocky and hard, is at least not also so dark. It shines a helpful light.


4 comments:

  1. Aw, Sam, I needed to hear that today. Day 7 yet again. I just caught up on your blog. You have been through so much, huge hug. So happy everything went well with the transplant, wow, what a time. And then you, oh my goodness. Thank you for continuing to share even if I haven't commented of late. I am listening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the kind words! Keep listening -- I'm glad you're out there. Keep trying...it eventually sticks.

      Delete
  2. “ But if you hang in there the world just quietly opens up for you. The path, even when rocky and hard, is at least not also so dark. It shines a helpful light.”

    Beautiful!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete