Saturday, March 2, 2019

Day 1000-something

Pretty sure it’s 1011 but I’m not actually checking the calendar. I’m in our other house and it’s 6:30 in  the morning and I’m kinda hiding from my family so I thought I’d check in.

Youngest turned out to be fine, praise be, but Eldest is really struggling with law school to the point of maybe taking a semester off and part of why I’m here in this house is to take Spouse and the doggies back up to House of Chaos so there will be minimum distractions so she can make a good decision. Also because she and Spouse aren’t doing all that well with each other right now. Yes I have all kinds of feelings about all of this. 

With regard to booze I’m holding strong and doing well and just so happy to have a foundation of sobriety in my life. Even more so since alcohol is becoming a bigger player in the lives of those around me.

Food, on the other hand, hasn’t been going as well. Overall I’m in a -much- better place than I was a year ago and better than even 6 months ago but it’s not as good as it was a couple weeks ago. The weird illness of Youngest plus the bad weather had me both stress eating and using sugar like a drug and it’s been really hard to pull back from that. It’s not -huge- overeating like an entire bag/package/carton of anything in one go but it’s enough to make me feel bad about myself. Working on it.

My parathyroid surgery is in FL on March 19 and I’m all set for that including my ride to/from the airport. So that will be fixed and maybe I can start putting down bone mass again. 

Otherwise it’s been a lot of coming to terms with what my life currently IS versus what I thought it would be or might wish it to become and isn’t that true of all of us? 

2 comments:

  1. I’ll put the date on my calendar, Sam. Sending massives love and healing prayers!
    I’m struggling with food, too. This long winter doesn’t help!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - what a kind thought! And yes this has been a really hard winter.

      Hugs
      S

      Delete