Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Three Years, Two Months, A Week and A Day

He was transferred out of the ICU back to the sound organ transplant ward on Sunday afternoon around 4pm. Got off telemetry yesterday. Getting IV meds switched over to PO. Still needs two people to help get him out of bed and into a chair but it gets less hard each time. 

I slept at the for-families house last night we and that was wonderful. Shower, laundry...and sound asleep before midnight. He seemed to sleep well also - till about 4:30 anyhow which is when his first text of the morning woke me because I had the phone right by my head.

He is still incredibly weak so there is still a long way to go but my son said “the climax seems to be over and we are in a long denouement right now” and that -is- a good way to put it. Now that we are on POD #11 we seem to have weathered the storm.

Just now he said “everyone on this floor is super nice...but I wanna go home.”  He hasn’t been healthy enough to say that for a -month-! I burst into tears of joy.

I also made him a calendar of the events in July as he still has a lot of immediate-term memory loss.

But it’s all just so overall good!  

I’m holding up really well and I am certain sobriety is the foundation for it all. 

4 comments:

  1. I agree with your comment about sobriety. Imagine if you had been drinking and trying to cope with this.
    In my little case, it was my hearing loss and cochlear implants.
    So glad he’s slowly improving!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it would have just been so awful if I’d still been drinking...there’s a liquor store within walking distance.

      Sober is SO much better.
      Hugs,
      S

      Delete
  2. Continued support and thoughts of all going well for you and your family! Smiles reading how all is turning out! xx, ll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I too am all smiles at how it’s turning out. Could so easily have gone other ways

      Delete