Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Day 922 and a Half


Last night was just a mess all the way around.  Hubby's computer broke, the kids had company, the dogs were unhappy with life in general...so I ended up sleeping in the family room recliner chair which totally threw off the nighttime routines.

I haven't been doing well lately -- not with the sobriety; that seems to be really well-grounded (finally) -- but with everything else in life.  I was tired and glum...but finally realized that maybe I DO have a lot on my plate and maybe there really IS a lot of stress in my life so maybe I should ratchet back the self-improvement from "continue to gain new ground on food and exercise issues" to "hold onto current gains without setbacks."

You'd think this would be stunningly obvious and maybe to other people it is but for me it's a conscious thing because even though the Drinking Voice in my head is largely silent there's this Other Voice which is all "I don't know why you can't keep up with all this stuff; everyone else can...you're just a slacker and never mind all this stuff you HAVE done everyone is pissed off at you for all the stuff over here you HAVEN'T done because you're such a goof off who doesn't know how to use her time properly."  Don't know who-all contributed to that voice but it's sure annoying.

And even though I'd much rather spend a nice chunk of time blogging I'm going to have to cut this off and get to the actual paying work of the day as there is a lot plus I have a site visit and a meeting -after- the site visit.

But at least now I have a good hearty breakfast on board and that helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment