Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Day 971

Not a great day. Not even a little.

Missed a 7:20am meeting. Just flat out totally forgot. Then had to go on my least favorite site visit in a company car instead of my own. Front-wheel, not all-wheel, drive and out of windshield washer fluid. Not fun.

Silly me; I thought that would be the sum of Bad Day but no. Had to stay late at work then as soon as I got home the family drama decided to level up. Plus I have a friend in surgery half a planet away.

Because of all that I’m not sure when I last was _this_ very grateful to be sober. Five years ago I would have never imagined this place but now it has become a real foundation. I can’t imagine even trying to live through this crazy life with booze still on board. Just can’t. Thank you thank you thank you, Former Self who kept trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment