Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Days 949 and 950 - New Year's Eve and Day 2018


Happy New Year, everyone! 

Of course we all wish to better ourselves but please remember:
EVERY body is fancy.
EVERY body is fine.

You are lovable, worthy and valuable right now, just as you are.

Booze and all, if that happens to be the case. Value, worth and lovability are inherent inside all of us. Our birthright. Part of being human and alive. We forget that far too often, I think - especially me.

Gotta tellya though...dry New Year's Eve is a big ol' serving of cool with awesomesauce. I cooked: roasted vegetables (I still overdo the olive oil), Belle's Shortbread (what's more appropriate, no?) and Real Rice Krispies Treats with butter and non-gelatin marshmallows. (I choose not to eat gelatin but it makes Middle actually vomit so we don't eat the pre-made store-bought kind.)  Remembered right away why I hadn't made any since I was maybe 12 --- melting the marshmallows into the butter sucks and there's just no getting around it. I seem to recall that this was one time when margarine really _was_ better but I might be confabulating that.  I definitely remember a variation where one used green food coloring in the marshmallows, cornflakes instead of puffed rice and those little round cinnamon candies called Red Hots (which I hated.) Always wanted to make them but never did.

== interlude ==
Perhaps it's obvious; perhaps it's not: the puppy has finally grown up enough that I feel comfortable leaving my computer (which lives in the family room) plugged in again. I haven't had access to a Real Keyboard On FREE Time in a couple of months. My fingers are amazed.  Well...except for my right thumb - I woke up with that overuse base-of-thumb tendon-whatever pain that I ought to remember what is called but can't. And have yet to take an NSAID for it -- let me post this much and go do that before I distract myself -again-.

Happy 2019!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! I haven't blogged nor commented much but I do try to check blogs daily, real quick-like in the morning. Love your posts, always! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete