Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Day 481

Today was proof that moods change without active intervention.

Woke up twenty minutes late with a bad case of the mean reds and everything went wrong on the way out the door. Was still all angry and tense (for no particular reason) most of the morning.

But then it just faded. By the time I was done with site visits and on my way to lunch I felt totally normal - without having done anything specific. Had a nice lunch at the mall and even found a new top just because I happened to walk by it and think "Ooh - pretty!"

So all those years when I saved up that anger so that I could "reward" myself with drinking in the evening were actually counterproductive. Fancy that.

1 comment:

  1. Good for me to remember, especially when I am feeling down.
    It often isn't for the whole day.
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete