Saturday, September 23, 2017

Day 491

Re-supply day.

When the 17 and 20 year olds run the house for a week they don't do much in the way of shopping. Therefore that was a huge chunk of my day. Got tired and frustrated at one point and almost had a breakdown in the dairy aisle of the first grocery but instead of loading up my bag of resentment I decided it was checkout time and had one of the newly-bought bananas on the way home as "too hungry" was part of the issue.

I was pretty pleased at how well I took care of myself -- it's a little thing but moving past that "power through it"/"gotta do All The Things" mindset is still a work in progress. Important work though because anger and resentment over the food shopping used to be a seriously big trigger for me.

Your mileage may vary, of course, but for so very long I used to push myself way too hard to get all the chores done on any given day and then use that to justify the drink I -deserved- because after all look at how hard I worked! Harder in the short term but healthier in the long run.

The trip is catching up with me; I'm so sleepy I've dozed off just while writing this much. Bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment