Thursday, June 29, 2017

Day 405

The retreat was long and parts were hugely boring and some of it was depressing and I hated damned near all of it. But it's over for another year.

I didn't get ice cream for dinner after all because I just wanted to be -home- but I probably should have because...

...for the first time in Just Ages the thought of a drink popped into my head. Only briefly and in adding but it was there in response to just not being comfortable in my own skin - that frustrated irritable not quite sad not quite angry but definitely not happy state. I was sitting on the couch wishing I felt just about any other way than what I was feeling when - boom - there it was. The thought about one of those beers I passed by in the way out of the retreat and I didn't  even -like- beer when I drank. But just as quickly as it came it left again so that was that.

Now I'm in bed which is a nice safe place to be. Tomorrow starts my Very Busy Month at work.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you were able to let the thought go.
    You are tired, hungry and stressed which leads to those thoughts popping up at times.
    I am rooting for you!
    xo
    wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...it's nice to have allies. :)

    The thought passed as quickly as it came and didn't come back.

    ReplyDelete