Sunday, November 5, 2017

Day 534

I think Daylight Savings Time is categorically silly but in the fall it is kind of nice that getting up at what my body thinks is the usual time turns out to be an hour earlier. I was at the grocery a smidge before eight which was astounding. Practically nobody was there, either...which cut both ways. I like self serve checkouts: they are efficient and usually have no line. However this morning I had to run the week’s groceries for a family of four through one because there was no _non_ express-lane cashier. That -really- sucked a lot. Balancing All The Things on the bag area, even with shelf and turntable, was nigh impossible...and I got the “please wait for an attendant” warning a good 8 or 10 Times. The attendant was very quick to punch whatever buttons at the control station fixed things but I was still just about ready to have a breakdown by the time I got everything rung up. Then I had to reload the cart, unload it into the car then bring everything in...at least Youngest was awake to help put it all away. Such an ordeal.

Treated myself right away to an easy tasty breakfast though - that helped.

Otherwise it was just another pleasant valley Sunday. I cooked - “Five pounds” sounds like a lot of mashed potatoes but it turned out to be 11 medium-sized spuds which became one big serving bowlful. Since I needed more than half for the dinner shepherds pie and I wanted extras to have both plain (I don’t eat shepherd’s pie) and for leftovers,  I was glad I did the whole bag after all.

And now to bed...on fresh sheets. Still not up to changing them weekly and still haven’t bought the new set of sheets I was planning a while back but every other weekend is progress nonetheless.

A whole new week awaits.

5 comments:

  1. My new week began with me staying home all day. And being ok with it.
    I know the rest of the week will be busy. The only thing I need is a walk. Hoping hubs will go. It's cold here, though!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting cold here too! Hope you got your walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the one thing I am having problems doing, going for a walk by myself. I just can NOT make myself go.
      Not sure how to change that!
      Seems like too much work to change into all the walking clothes, add layers, then boring.
      Guess I need a change of attitude!!
      lol
      xo

      Delete
    2. Don’t know whether it would work for you but I found audiobooks to be the walk-changing thing. Not music, not podcasts but free-from-the-library audiobooks downloaded to my phone then played with just one earbud so I’m still tuned into the real world.

      Delete