Friday, November 24, 2017

Day 553

Today was easier.

Eldest acknowledged my efforts yesterday with a pair of fuzzy socks which was sweet. I had two and a half hours all to myself at the car dealership waiting for service so I got to enjoy knitting and my audiobook which normally I save just for walks...but I decided on Wednesday that my ongoing treat for this whole trip was to listen to my audiobook whenever I wanted.

Oh there was still some annoyance...but it was fairly easily dealt with.

Holidays are stressful enough: I’m so glad to be doing them sober now.

5 comments:

  1. 555 is going to be a great number too. Line up the treats!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh yes must think of something nice for getting through the drive and dealing with the cats once we get back.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It’s only hard till the first morning -after- the first sober holiday...then it’s oh wow I did it _and_ I’m not hung over. Then you become a convert...or at least I did.

      Delete
    2. I know! I am even funnier than I thought when I am not drinking.
      xo

      Delete