Friday, November 10, 2017

Day 539

Better today but there’s still room for improvement. Did the work stuff I had to do but left way too much for Monday - mental state was largely “sick of all this” so I spent far too much of the day websurfing. Didn’t walk, either - it was freakishly bitter cold and I couldn’t force myself to do the treadmill - even with a decent audiobook it’s still pretty dull.

Middle fetched dinner for everyone though so that was nice and I had a new book which was also nice. No plans at all for tomorrow so I’m hoping to sleep in and maybe get back to baseline. I got a box of donuts so breakfast is already set.

Wish I had something wisecorcwitty or at least silly to offer but I’m still kinda tapped out and barely getting by emotionally. Well I do have one thing: in the long run, self care works way better than booze. May not feel like it in the short term but it totally does.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your tomorrow is better.
    I know it seems this time of year is not energy producing.
    You do have a LOT on your plate. I know I have said that before, but you do.
    Self-care is definitely better than drinking.
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for kind words! It never seems like all that much in the moment because it’s just what life is but when I step back from it or someone points it out...yeah I do have a lot of life-stuff.
    Xo

    ReplyDelete