Saturday, November 11, 2017

Day 540

Wow five hundred and forty is a lot of days.

Phone woke me up this morning and unfortunately the irritation stuck around. Now that it’s bedtume I suspect at least some of it was/is impending illness: fell asleep on the couch right after dinner and woke up all sneezy and with watery eyes. On the one hand it’s good to have an explanation for why I’ve been so down and draggy - I’m always willing to think it’s entirely emotional - but on the other who wants to be sick? I’ve taken Zicam, that zinc thing, which I’m not sure works or not but at least it makes me feel like I’m doing -something-

I did get quite a bit of knitting done today which felt nice. Also, remembering last week’s self checkout fiasco I planned ahead and got all the bulky beverages for the week tonight before picking up the pizza. And I cleaned the bathroom so that’s two productive things which is totally enough. I no longer have to do everything I can think of and then some to “earn” the right to get drunk on Saturday night.

Don’t have to get drunk on Saturday night either.

2 comments:

  1. 540 is a whole lot of days, really well done you. I’m stuck in the mid 200’s and I think time has stopped. Sometimes the days seems to add up quickly and sometimes sooooo slowly. I used to earn the right to have a drink too. I also felt I couldn’t just sit down and rest, had to have a reason - drink time. One of the nice things about sobriety, guilt free resting. Sounds weird I know, very mixed up thinking. You’re doing so well, take care xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally get it about the guilt-free resting! :). It’s weird that for so long I used the booze as a way to carve out “Done: me-time now” thinking i was rewarding or indulging myself when in fact the time is better and more rewarding without the drink. Congratulations on hitting the seven-month zone!! That’s awesome. I seem to recall a fair bit of “meh” in that timeframe myself - don’t let it get you down.

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete