Saturday, May 5, 2018

Day 714

So I’m sick. Like fever-sick in a way I haven’t been in over a decade. Started Thursday, was better Friday morning but in the way of fevers it kicked in yesterday afternoon around 3. Same thing today but at least I was more than halfway to the other house when it started. Thursday I took aspirin and yesterday I took Albee but when they kicked in and artificially broke the fever I was drenched in sweat, clammy, miserable and needed a fan on me. So tonight I’m riding it out - fever is there for a purpose, after all - but I’m limp. Weak, achy - can’t even read. And that old “feed a cold starve a fever” saying is so true - really nauseated.

I’m still planning on going back tomorrow because I expect to wake up feeling better but I’m also considering not if I still feel this lousy. Weird how all consuming the illness is.

My mother would be pushing hot toddys on me. Glad to be away from -that-.

2 comments:

  1. Here's some virtual chicken soup and a hug. Hope you sleep well and do feel better! Hugs! Being sick stinks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I’m at least a little better tonight.

      Hugs,
      S

      Delete