Saturday, May 19, 2018

Day 728 Late


The day seemed strangely busy and strangely quiet all at the same time.

Did three loads of laundry and put it all away which right there alone I should be counting as more of an accomplishment than I am; ditto the cooking.

Not only that but in trying to hack away at the basement bit by bit I discovered a painting Spouse's Grandmother made years and years ago which is a good painting for which I found wall space. Right nearby I found a box of really old stuff from my family: a box containing a thick envelope of "Letters from Mama (New York)" labeled in my mother's handwriting. Since we left (New York) right after I graduated kindergarten that will be interesting when I start actually reading.

And there was family drama.  Boy was there family drama. Time consuming family drama. Didn't have the urge to drink at all but definitely ended up eating too much over the course of the day. After we're done with the cake and the fancy fair-trade chocolates for the two-year celebration I intend to start really working on my relationship with food again - I had things going pretty well in March but then I went down to the other house and brought family back up here and and and...yeah, well anyhow it's all gone kinda to hell again.

Still, nobody ever woke up hungover from cookies.

But speaking of "wake up" it's really time for bed - I got _exhausted_ long about 8:30 and now need to shuffle off from family room to bedroom. I sure hope I can sleep in a bit tomorrow. I had a half-hour today which was a really nice amount - long enough to feel like a treat but not so long as to interfere with anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment