Monday, May 28, 2018

Day 737.

Today I was tired. Slept in, planned a slow day. Marveled that it’s been a week since my two year soberversary. The flowers are holding up surprisingly well.

But then there was local family drama which ended with me visiting my mother in law.

Silly me; I thought that was as bad as the day would get

Snake count now three.

I walked around the outside of the house today very carefully inspecting the foundation. Found a spot on each side of house where cement closing gap between facing brick (front only) and siding had eroded away. Also some gaps in facing brick bottom row where the steel wool I put in years ago had likewise gone.

Stuffed all with heavy duty aluminum foil but then realized I needed to leave the hole in drywall near radiatior in basement open another couple days so any snakes in the wall at time of stuffing don’t die unable to escape because snakes are way bigger than a mouse; smell would be ghastly.

Sure enough, when I did snake rounds there was one smack dab in middle of the basement floor. So storage tub again but had to slide thin cardboard under instead of lid because this one better at escaping. Then lid under that. Taped cardboard to tub and exceedingly glad I did. Released snake to same far corner of yard. Hate this.  This is what happens when you don’t have well-stapled vapor barrier. Damn Bjorn (contractor who did basement.) just -damn- him.

I’m just so glad I don’t drink. If I did, this would be one of those “I don’t care if I -am- on call or DO have work in the morning” kind of nights. As it was I decided to have a nice long shower and just go to bed. Not for the -whole- night yet as doggo will need walked and I left the lights on but for now we  are just relaxing.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment