Sunday, May 20, 2018

Day 729

Morning:

Had a drinking dream last night which probably isn't at all surprising.  It was a weird dream with a lot of other symbolic stuff going on but the drinking part had to do with pouring club soda on top of a glass with champagne in it and then getting ready to drink it because "the alcohol is so diluted you won't taste it" and feeling guilty in the dream because "yes but it will still BE there" and then putting this thing to my lips, tasting the booze and pouring the drink out.

Which also reminds me that earlier this week, possibly even last weekend, That Voice commented at random "you know you can celebrate two years sober with a drink, right?" 

"What are you, fucking nuts or what?!? NO I can't! Go away!"

That was the end of that but I wanted to let y'all know it's important to stay vigilant, even a couple years out.  "Insidious" ought to be the brand name for a really high end really potent spirit, y'know?

Anyhow today has been a good morning thus far. It's steady rain again today so no sawing but that's okay. Woke up at my usual time but realized I had nothing time-sensitive going on so I rolled over and went back to sleep for another two hours. That was nice...

...although not entirely profitable because I ended up running into my MiL at the grocery and also had to use the self-serve line for a huge order.  But since I've already got the habit of going first to the Other Grocery for the big bulky stuff (water, soda, laundry detergent) and better bagels I was able to get it all on the turntable and the shelf as it was bagged. Now it's all stowed and I've eaten, set out lunch for ABL and got everything set up for dinner tonight and it's only 11:13.

Which means I'm going to put my pajamas back on and then go get that bundle of letters from my early childhood and see what's inside. Wish me luck.

Much -much- later.

Well I’ve been at the computer All. Freaking. Day. The letters turned out to be interesting enough that I definitely wanted to share them with at least immediate family if not more people but the best way to do that is as a different and intact document. So I started transcribing. I’ve been at it all day and have covered the year interval from spring of 1968 to late March of 1969. It’s interesting reading. Nothing of major drama yet but the time-frame coincides with my very earliest memories. I think the weirdest thing is realizing that my grandparents, who of course to me were-always- old, are in these letters only 11 years older than I am now.

In any case it’s time for bed now. Tomorrow is -two-years- how cool is that?

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 2 years! Anything fun planned? Love reading your blog! Maybe that will be me someday. I'm taking baby steps toward that, seems to be working though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even the smallest step is forward movement. :-)

      Hugs,
      S

      Delete