Thursday, May 24, 2018

Day 733.

Glory be I finished blogging -before- the big defining event occurred.

Got up out of bed for last bio-break of the night & realized I’d left my iced tea in the basement so I went to get it and there was a snake at the bottom of the stairs.

Long story short: threw plastic tub over it, weighted down tub and local university biology prof took it away today. I had feared it was a rattlesnake because I didn’t know that milk snakes, like humans and Vulcans, come in several color sets. They have also evolved to mimic rattlesnakes as a protective trait.

I didn’t sleep well and had a broken-up unproductive day as I dealt with the whole thing. But I got through it all - ice cream at dinner helped. Let’s hope tonight’s sleep is better.

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow! Great job on handling the little dude. Scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for kind words! Too busy Dealing With It at the time but I sure had a big stress reaction after it was contained. Add this to the list of “times I was REALLY glad to be a non-drinker.”

    ReplyDelete