Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Day 780

Not the greatest of days.

At lunchtime I had to  run home to take Youngest to work and noticed a new door ding on the passenger side of my car.  I have one on the driver's side from last fall/winter so I guess this is my spring one. You'd think people would be more considerate of their CO_WORKER'S cars but apparently not. Of course it's possible it happened in a different parking lot elsewhere in town and I just didn't _notice_ it till lunchtime today but still.

After dropping her off I wanted to stop by the hardware store. In doing so I drove right by my favorite local restaurant and noticed that even though tourist season is in full swing the parking lot didn't seem too crowded so I thought after the hardware store I'd take myself to lunch. Well I parked, went in and just ahead of me in the line to be seated was a group of maybe four people who said they needed a table for "let's see...five and five and I think another four or maybe five---fifteen please."  So the hostess took off to the depths of the restaurant with them and I waited.  And waited. And realized that the music from the other side of the restaurant was loud and unpleasant and that if they were seating big groups they'd probably ask if I'd mind sitting at the bar - which was what I did last time I ate there and it was fine but for some reason I didn't really want to do that today.  I pondered that as another two or three groups of tourists came in after me -- one group waited behind me and was talking about all the people who would be joining them, one group milled about not understanding the big "wait to be seated" sign and the third group went on back because apparently they had friends who had gone on ahead. That was when I realized that I just didn't want to eat there any more: no way would the experience or the shrimp be worth the hassle. So I left before the hostess came back and ended up getting a wrap from my work cafeteria.
Got home and one of the new floor tiles is still wanting to warp. Yesterday when I emailed him, the installer said put a weight on it which I did; I'm hoping another day will do the trick because it's gonna be a real hassle to schedule getting him back to do anything further as I'm really busy this week and out of town from Saturday morning till Monday night.  Then the knitting project didn't go well at all. But hey, I'm surviving and I'm surviving sober so I win.
 
And now it's bedtime. Past bedtime actually---I just don't get sleepy the way I used to and I'm not sure why. Still waking up at the same time in the morning so it's not like I'm sleep-deprived...weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment