Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Day 502

Such an up and down day today. All the emotions at various times and a distinct desire to run away from home. But I did it all sober which I am absolutely certain made it easier in the long run. Not only could I think thoughts and feel feelings (I remember when I hid in the bottle from both of those) but I could articulate some of those thoughts and feelings in constructive ways.

Could also keep less constructive thoughts and feelings to myself, too. Those tend to be the ones which explode out of the bottle anyhow despite best efforts.

A good thing: first blood pressure check in almost a year was fantastic: 114/70. Granted I’ve been walking regularly these past two weeks but the greatest part of that number is abstinence. Read a Canadian blog a while back which stayed that regular alcohol consumption was -the- biggest cause of so-called “essential” hypertension in middle aged individuals of both genders. So that was nice.

What’s not so nice is that it is after 11 and I am still wide awake but that’s what the Kindle app for iPhone is made for: reading easily while lying down in the dark.

2 comments:

  1. Nice blood pressure!
    Mine has always been low, so I'm a bit lucky!
    Walking helps so much!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It’s amazing how much easier it is to do healthy things once the Big Unhealthy (and all the emotional baggage it brings along for the trip) is gone.

    ReplyDelete