Friday, October 27, 2017

Day 525

A very long day with many ups and downs of mood. It is ending well though, and a big part of that is because I’m sober. I’m up an hour later than usual but things are just as in-focus as they were six hours ago, I haven’t had any big sloppy emotional issues with the family, I haven’t done any of that crazy late night eating and the sleep, when it comes, will be restful. Best of all, though, is having absolutely nothing to regret in the morning. One of the quietly massive things about long term sobriety that I didn’t even consider would be as life changing as it has been is losing all that morning after regret and the self-recrimination which accompanied it. It’s like a glacier: quiet but huge and most of it is hidden.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kid!
    I haven't had much sleep either. I am kind of foggy like.
    Yes to NO MORE MORNING regrets!!
    Its the best ever!!
    xoxo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS the best ever! And so satisfying.” to be getting stuff done in the time which used to be “uu-U-u-rgh”

    ReplyDelete