Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Day 808

The best thing about this day was zero urge to drink at all. The cold getting better was another good thing and being in bed at 9:30 makes three.

There was a lot of not-good too though. The usual dog craziness, a really annoying work issue and more gloomy financial work news. Plus a meeting from 5 to 6 pm which is a really rotten time.

The rest of the family’s drinking is really irking me tonight; that’s part of why I’m in bed so early. They can have their fun but please do it without me. And please don’t act all disappointed about “oh you’re not staying with us?” either. No, I’m not. Even in the best of moods I find sitting around listening to y’all get louder, more opinionated and viciously sarcastic as the evening progresses to be only barely tolerable so there’s no way I’m dealing with it in my present mood. If that makes -me- the bad guy so be it.




No comments:

Post a Comment