Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Day 814

Getting used to the quieter household. Mornings are so much easier.

This will also be my last week of having to share a car with Youngest: on Saturday she will have my beloved but aging sedan because I pick up my new SUV. I plan for it to be the car which takes me clear to retirement 15 years from now so I hope I bond with it even half as much as I did with my current car. It is exciting to think that my chauffeur days will soon be _over_.

Tonight I played computer games for a good three hours — first time I’ve done that in at least eight weeks. Took a completely new and different approach to one which I thought was perhaps a reflection on having lived through the chaos of the past three weeks.

Big time of transition: thevehicles, my cruise, new puppy in other house but most of all both kids up here commuting to the same college. New era. Should be interesting. Glad I’m a non-drinker so I can be fully present for it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment