Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Day 822

Sigh. A bit of minor family drama this evening left me disproportionately angry and for me anger is the hardest emotion to have. It’s the one I used to kill with alcohol more than any other feeling. Even now it is hard work not to kill it with food but I didn’t. I’ve teally been trying to pay close attention not just to what I eat but how and when...and tonight when just sitting with the anger became more than I could stand I played computer games and that worked pretty well. I’m still a little too wired for this time of night but I’m so very much better than I was that it feels like a win.

Well, okay: not drinking the anger away is -always- a win and not eating it away either is another win.

And now to unwind enough to get some sleep. Tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment