Friday, August 10, 2018

Day 810

I finally made it. Tomorrow I take Spouse, girl-beagle and beagle-pup back to the other house. I love them all, of course, but we had no idea how chaotic -three- dogs would be. Just like toddlers, you get politics. And beagle-pup has reached that gangly older-puppy into-EVERYthing stage. So although I’m sure I will miss some things there are others I can’t wait to have gone.

Not a day too soon, either: found myself taking a two o’clock crying break in my office this afternoon. Not sure I’ve ever done that before. Continued bits of bad work news on top of continued bits of family drama laid in a background of poor sleep for days and the lingering post nasal drip/cough were all just a little overwhelming. Plus noon book club really sucked today and I’d been genuinely looking forward to it. Very poor attendance and one of the people who did attend monopolized the conversation with life-story instead of book talk.

I’m strong; I bounced back.

Now that this grand adventure is winding down I can start seriously anticipating my next grand adventure which is the knitting cruise I booked months and months ago. That will be a much deserved and most enjoyable week.

I’m just so glad to be a sober person. Even though it was hard last week it’s still very much the right choice for me.






No comments:

Post a Comment