Friday, December 15, 2017

Day 574


And finally this day is winding down. Soon I will be in bed with the covers pulled way up and a good book on my phone's Kindle app.

So many little frustrations along the way and then the big one: missing one deadline in January of 2016 led to -so- many citations in the survey...fully half. All fixed now, of course, but that doesn't make it feel any better.

Started the day with a low-tire-pressure warning from the car. First gas station's air hose broken. Second worked but every time the tires are either rotated or replaced they somehow manage to re-attach the sensors in a different wrong way. I filled the supposedly-low tire, broke a nail in the process, nearly froze my fingers in the 3-degree weather (three isn't enough degrees) and got back in the car only to realize the sensor was still saying that tire was low. Okay, fine, deal with it after work.

Work, in addition to the inspection, included too much regular work-work. Plus some family drama because after all when it rains it pours. Trip to post office at lunchtime. More work. A bit more drama. It crossed my mind that getting good and drunk didn't sound like a half-bad idea which was immediately followed by "better get some sober supports in place as soon as you get home - like maybe blog first thing?"

By the time I got home the urge had totally passed. I didn't want to drink any more. I wanted to have a tantrum just like a toddler but I settled for a cookie instead. Tried to print something only to discover the printer was - surprise! - out of ink. Well, fine. Added "stop by the new drugstore" to the list of errands ending in "pick up pizza for dinner."  Ordered the pizza - free this time due to frequent-patron "points" - and set out.

Gas station from this morning now had -broken- air pump. Swell. Drugstore had a place for my kind of printer cartridge but it was empty so I asked the nice clerk to look in back: nope, nothing. Went to a different gas station where the air was $1.00 for 3 minutes and filled what I thought was the correct tire...nope, wrong again! They didn't swap left for right this time so they must've swapped front for back but by then my three minutes were up. Have now driven something like -twenty- miles on the improperly inflated tire. Swell.

Shopping for odds and ends went okay and the pizza was ready so that was good. Came home, put on pajamas, ate pizza, ate sweets, called it a night. Except for the wind-down very minor family drama; can't go without that,

But hey, now I can transfer laundry from washer to dryer, go to bed...and sleep as late as I feel like tomorrow. Huzzah.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had the angel voice on your side!
    How you do all you do is AMAZING woman!!!
    I am such a sluggett compared to you!
    SO happy we don't drink anymore!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHyes I'm so happy to be a sober person; I don't know how I'd manage all the things that make up my life if I were still drinking! Thanks for the kind words!
    xo
    S

    ReplyDelete