Saturday, December 16, 2017

Day 575

This day started off kinda lousy but ended okay.

Doggo threw up on the foot my bed in the night so I had two loads of laundry before I could start the clothing laundry I’d planned to do. Took forever to get air in the tire which was low because the sensors are hooked up wrong: the car was telling me passenger rear needed air but that turned out to be driver front. Filling passenger rear made the sensor for passenger front register overinflated so I had to then deflate it back to normal...you get the idea. Frustrating but now all four tires are properly pressurized.

Grocery, breakfast and shoveling felt accomplished but just left me glum: Spouse, Eldest and SiL won’t be coming up for Christmas and probably not New Year’s either and although intellectually I’m fine with that decision it got to me emotionally today. Distracted myself with another grocery trip  (out of milk) and then computer games....and eventually the mood passed. Moods always do but it never seems like it at the time.


3 comments:

  1. Moods pass but you are so right. They always seem like the end of the world at the time.
    May I ask why you have two houses?
    I must have missed that.
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We moved up here for my job ages ago but always felt like the place we moved from was "home" and the feeling only got stronger with passing years. When MiL was still down there it was easy to go for vacations but she moved to our current town to be closer to the grandkids and that cut our ties. A couple years later it became unexpectedly possible to get a house down there so we did thinking it would usually be empty and an investment/vacation place which was "to visit" not "to live." Then Eldest was accepted at a law school an easy commute from that house so -boom- it became "live in" not just visit.

    ReplyDelete