Saturday, December 30, 2017

Day 589

Woke up just as cranky as I went to bed last night but I managed to turn it around. Feel pretty good about that. I mean yeah sure maybe I would have been all done with angry anyhow but I’d like to think taking extra time and patience with myself helped more. I made the new recipe I wanted to try and for once something from FaceBook was downright -good- so that was a boost. The ratio of “hey this one’s a keeper” to “ugh, forget this” is at least 1 to 5 if not smaller which makes catching a good one all the better. Then I wanted to be -outside- cold weather or not so I bundled up with my new audiobook from the library thinking I’d go for a little walk but ended up shoveling  - well, more like scraping as there wasn’t quite a whole inch - the driveway and it was -so- cold that turned out to be a wiser plan as I could stop and go in when I got too chilled.

The book is _Girl On A Train_ which I knew had a lot of hype a year or two ago but what I didn’t know was that the female protagonist was an overdrinker. That made it interesting all by itself but the plot is good too. By the time I was done with the shoveling I was back to baseline again - the exercise and accomplishment did the trick.

In the afternoon Youngest and I made cookies -and- I finally finished the body of that sweater I’ve been knitting. Now I’m getting ready for bed with more audiobook till I fall asleep. I listened to my body and mind, treated myself as well as I could and felt better in the process.

All that and some laundry too. I think I’m ready for it to be the new year after all. Tomorrow morning grocery, tomorrow evening snack-y party-type foods and maybe a New Year’s Eve show of some kind...or flipping through several as they usually get annoying if I don’t. But it’s all good again finally.

2 comments: