Thursday, December 28, 2017

Day 587

Another viciously cold day - cold enough to give me bronchospasm just walking from my car to the building- so it will soon be another early night.

Oh but I finally got the new sheets I said were going to be my treat a month or two ago - got 'em washed and on the bed for tonight and I'm looking forward to being all snuggled under them.

Otherwise it was a good day, all things considered. Better than many recent ones, apart from the weather that is. Tried another saw-it-on-social-media recipe and it turned out okay plus the box of Christmas cookies from Eldest down in the other house arrived so we're once again set for sweets...and until this bitterly cold weather breaks I'm not even all that upset about it.

The new year is coming and although I like sobriety all the time I particularly enjoy sober new year's eve. Even before I finally stayed quit for real I did the occasional sober new year (often because of guilt and remorse about Christmas drinking, sadly) and it was always a wonderful feeling to wake up on January 1 not the least bit hung over. I'm looking forward to it again this year.

Six hundred days is also coming up and then a week after that the 20-month soberversary.  Looking forward to that too. Digging into the second year of sobriety I've noticed that it's been different - not such an emphasis on the not-drinking part of it and more an emphasis on me-as-a-person. I suppose it's not that unlike a baby growing from newborn concerned only about eating and sleeping to a toddler starting to interact with the world in a more give-and-take manner.

But right now I'm going to go interact with my pillows; it's drafty where the computer sits.

No comments:

Post a Comment