Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Day 592


Wow a week from tomorrow I'll have 600 days. That seems both totally normal and really astounding.

By virtue of having freaking heat this day was far better than yesterday.  Went to bed with a house at 55.5 F; woke up to 64.0 F and it's now back up to a toasty 75.5.  I'm happy about that because it wasn't till my nice hot bath earlier this evening that my feet were finally -warm- for the first time in the past 3 days.

A few years ago of _course_ the heat going out yesterday would be an excuse to drink to drown out the misery and the heat being back on again today would have been another excuse to drink to celebrate. So glad to leave that carnival. It smells bad, the midway games are all rigged and the prizes suck.

In any case it's time to wind up and get ready for a normal bedtime tonight. Last night I slept with the sheet pulled clear over my head (tiny vent-space near mouth) and didn't get to sleep till sometime between one and one-thirty in the morning. Tonight should be better.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no about the heater!!
    I sure get that one!
    Glad it's all fixed!
    Happy New Year!!
    xoxo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too! And thanks!
    XO
    S

    ReplyDelete